Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Be in your body with joy!


Last nights sunset was so magical! Kommetjie beach is a 5 minute drive from our house and it is a beautiful beach to have a long walk at the end of the day. 

It was one of those days in Cape Town yesterday with not a breath of wind and the colours in the sky as the sun set was breathtaking...



 This morning, the sunrise  at Dalebrook pool at 6:45 a.m


.  The air was warm and you can see and feel the change in seasons. Its still low tide and the water is so clear. 



In 3 months of swimming here everyday I have met so many lovely friendly "early bird" swimmers. We all chat and laugh and swim together and although I don't swim many laps ( some of the grannies and grandpas do MANY laps  - amazing) I have found for me at this time in my life I just need to swim with JOY! To "Be in your body with joy! " my favourite quote from my friend Miranda. 



There is "yoga " man who does his stretches as the sunrises then jumps in for a swim. Then there is "shark" man or as he likes to be called the  "shark whisperer " ! :-)) He has been finding the shyshark who has been in the pool for a few days for us and tracking its movements.... 


There is a lovely couple who  have been coming to the pool to swim for 7 years and swim all year round! They take the temperature of the water everyday ... 17.6 degrees today! Warmer ... as last week it was down to 16 and 15.8 degrees! It was soo cold last week. 

They swim all the way through the Cape Town winters! ( I'm going to wear a wetsuit!!)  

Exercise and being out in nature are the most wonderful gifts we can give ourselves! 

I hope you find the time today to "Be in your body with joy!" Find time to move your body - mindlessly. Now try this - everyday - and you will see your life change,,, 

Happy Tuesday 

Shirley xx 



No comments:

Post a Comment