Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Mr Gorgeous Bush Shrike ...

Years ago when I studied Fine Art I took painting as a major. We painted in oils but a few years ago I decided to try watercolour. I absolutely love working with watercolours as I can use very fine brushes to create the design on the birds wings, almost like lace. I only have time at the moment to do small little watercolours so I am making them into little gift tags. They are perfect for a gift tag as they just add that something special to a present. I am doing a range of South African birds using the Roberts Bird Guide as my reference.

3 comments:

  1. Birds are one of my favorite things and I love your beautiful bird tags! I love watercolor too, although I don't have enough time to do any painting these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam! I want to send you a gift of my little bird and crochet tags. Will you email me your address? You are one of the first oversea friends I have connected with and followed and commented on my blog so thank you!

      Delete