Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Crochet time


Crochet time ..... is the time of the day when I am taking the girls to their dancing and gymnastic lessons and I while I wait .... I crochet! 



This diamond cushion cover I made I used Moya yarn in the colours Ice Blue and Snowdrops. 


I decided to hand sew them together and I am so happy with the end result.


I  love the simplicity of this diamond design and I really want to make a blanket now! 


This little sheep I made for Yarndale 2016. Hes really tiny and cute and a very easy, quick project.



I have just finished my Spring Flower cushion and one of my favourite stitches I have learnt to crochet is the Popcorn stitch! 




I used the Moya yarn in Charcoal and Rose Quartz.I just love the Charcoal! 


I followed a great tutorial/ blog for this flower cushion called http://dada4you.blogspot.com/

This blog has beautiful designs and patterns which are so inspiring. 


Popcorn love! 


For the border I decided to use the Dandy Border pattern from my favourite crochet designer Haafner Linssen from her book called "Hooked on Mandalas " 


The completed cushion with 16 squares all  crocheted together. 

Time for coffee and onto my new crochet project!! 

Have a happy week! 

Shirley xx 









2 comments:

  1. Oh Shirley! That little sheep! Sooooo cute. The charcoal and rose quartz are gorgeous together. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crocheting is so lovely, Shirley! And the sheep is adorable. Wishing you a wonderful October--it must be lovely down in S. Africa this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete