Monday, September 14, 2015

3,2,1... Paris!

I have been crocheting the last squares on my granny blanket and all 192 squares are now complete! I am now busy with the border which I hope to finish before I leave for ....Paris! Yes! I fly to Paris on Thursday!! 


I am so excited and busy packing for my dream  adventure! My husband and I are flying to Paris in 3 days!! It has been a dream of mine to travel to Paris! We celebrate 21 years of marriage this month and what an adventure just the two of us are going to have! We are spending a few days in Paris and then we take the train to Provence in the French countryside. We then hire a car and drive through the little towns and make our way down to the coast! I will be away for 2 weeks but when I am back I will post all the pictures of our Paris adventures!


 The beautiful whales are here and we spotted them near Glencairn and watched as they played in the ocean.


It was another beautiful spring day so we took the opportunity to walk on the boardwalk to the Kommetjie lighthouse. All the spring daisies are flowering and it is so pretty.


We decided to spend Sunday together at Kirstenbosch Gardens. We took an picnic lunch and found a shady spot under the trees as it was such a hot spring day! 

 


 The spring flowers are absolutely beautiful and we had such a fun relaxing time together with the girls before my husband and I fly off to France this week! 

 

I surprised my girls with a gift before I leave! I bought each of them a fish eye lens which they can  attach to their phones. They had great fun taking pictures at sunset on Kommetjie beach last night.

 

What adventures are you planning? Where do you dream of travelling to? 

Shirley xx

5 comments:

  1. What a cool post Shirley. You saw that whale?! Awesome!!! Tell me about the praying lady statue please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granny blanket is going to be so beautiful, Shirley, and your trip to Paris even better! Wishing you safe travels and a wonderful, romantic holiday (and just for the record, I dream of traveling to New Zealand, but my youngest son has always, always wanted to go to South Africa--truly :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many familiar views of home through your pics - lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed visiting your blog for the first time today via Shirley. Your crochet animals are really great. Jo x
    http://joeveryday19.bogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - what tenacity on the granny squares blanket! Love you blog and thanks for all the awesome photos!
    http://crossstitchpatternheaven.weebly.com/cross-stitch-patterns-birds.html

    ReplyDelete