Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Gorgeous Bushrikes ready to fly....

This is where my little business has all started with this jug! How exciting! 
A month or two ago I set up a studio at home so that I can now work from home while my girls are at school in the morning. 


 I have been Homeschooling my 2 teenage girls for 4 years ... but now my 13 year old is in Grade 8 at our local High School and my 16 year old has just finished her IGCSE's and is at a Cambridge College in our area busy with her AS and A levels.

Its so strange not to have them around in the morning but I am loving the time to create and work with my hands with clay!

This is the jug bisque fired and I worked with underglazes to paint the little birds. I decided I want to start with  South African birds on my jugs and these are little Gorgeous Bushshrikes.


The clear glaze has brought out the bright colours of these birds which I really love! This is a 1 litre jug.



I now have many orders I am busy working on! Its so fantastic to be spending my time doing something I absolutely love! Such a blessing!

I have custom orders for not only South African birds. I am almost finished an Australian Kookaburra. It is a type of Kingfisher and is very beautiful.

I create my jugs using the coiling method of handbuilding. Although it takes a long time I love the look of it being handmade.

If anyone is interested in ordering my jugs you can email me  - shirleyehunt@gmail.com
and I will send you all the details. I can ship locally and overseas.


Have a amazing Wednesday!

xx





1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Shirley! Good for you. Enjoy yourself today!!

    ReplyDelete