Saturday, August 12, 2017

Love art ...

I live to make things .... with my hands ... everyday! I am passionate about art.

This year  I have started pottery lessons with a few of my friends. It has been so wonderful having new projects to work on each week. We started with coiling and I decided to make a large bowl with the theme of birds and flowers.

I am passionate about birds and all my pottery projects have birds on at the moment.

I spent hours painting the lilies and the little Robin using underglazes and small, very fine brushes.

I love using underglazes and building up the colours - almost like watercolour painting.For this bowl I also pressed dried ferns into wet clay and then after the bowl was bisque fired I used a sponge and put 3 different colour greens on the fern "pattern" .

The underglazes change colour so much after the final clear glaze. I want to build up all the underglaze colours I have so I can experiment more with colours.









1 comment:

  1. Well! I am glad I did not give up on you and your blog. :D
    Your pottery is so very pretty. I have done pottery in thirty years!

    ReplyDelete