Thursday, July 12, 2018

Go for consistency


We woke up to the sound of lovely rain today in Cape Town. Its a wonderful sound as we are experiencing a terrible drought. 

But it was really hard to get out of my warm bed and go for a cold swim!! 

I was motivated by the fact that I had friends I was meeting at the pool, and we would swim together. 

This is a big help on the cold rainy days...

I also have friends who have been swimming all year round for 7 and 8 years!! They keep on reminding me and say..."Don't think about it, just keep doing it everyday. Try not miss a day!"

This too is a great motivator.

 I also feel "addicted" to the morning cold swim! I have never regretted a swim in the 6 months I've been swimming. I always feel soo much better after the swim. I  really want to challenge myself to keep going everyday! 

I'm going for consistency! 

13 degrees sea temperature ...another beautiful swim.

What is your morning routine?
Do you have an exercise that you have been doing everyday for years? 

Happy Thursday

Shirley xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment