Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Keep showing up...


There are 18 Tidal pools in and around Cape Town. I have decided I want to explore and swim in all of them...

Our first new Tidal pool was the very large pool at St.James beach. We were the first to jump is and the sea temperature was a cool 13.6 degrees.


It was very low tide so we saw lots of life and starfish. 



Sunday we were back at our favourite pool - Dalebrook. The temperature went up to 14 degrees!




I have been swimming for 6 months now...my challenge is to swim through winter and all year! 
I got my first pair of flippers as a reward and I love them! I'm swimming so much faster now!


Hello Monday morning swim! It was so cold! I'm really finding it hard to swim in these cold temperatures after a Durban holiday where the temperatures were a lovely warm 21.5 degrees!!



Tuesday was back to school for my two girls. This means very early morning school run. we get to the pool at 7 a.m. and it is still dark! 


It is so beautiful to swim as the sunrises!! My absolute best time to swim.



Keep showing up...


The tide was high this morning and I really love swimming when its a bit rougher and not so still and shallow. My flippers help so much with swimming faster and also any urchins that might be at the bottom or sides of the pool! 

I've had 11 urchin spikes in my foot and it is so painful!! 

Happy Wednesday! 

I hope you find time to get outside and get moving! 

Shirley xx 

2 comments:

  1. I'm outside, and I'm on my swing ... which is moving.

    The pools are so beautiful with the surrounding landscapes. I admire your resolve to maintain this routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so lovely... you are swinging!! ha,ha..
    I was just saying to my husband the other day I miss being young and swinging! But now you've motivated me to go and swing!

    We are so blessed to live surrounded by such beauty!

    ReplyDelete