Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Winter days with granny squares - challenge!

I first learnt to crochet when I was a little girl of 5 or 6 years old! My Mom taught me and my sisters and we are all still crocheting! Last year at the beginning of winter I decided to crochet a big winter blanket for my bedroom. I spent hours looking at Pinterest granny blankets and I was so inspired! I just couldn't decide on the colours I wanted. Eventually I narrowed it down to 12 colours and a white border! I know - 12 beautiful bright colours! I just love colour!!

The challenge is to finish the granny square blanket this winter!! I have worked out that I need to at least crochet 4 squares a day for the month of July and I will then start crocheting them together with the white border. I want to finish it this winter!

Granny squares are very easy and fun to crochet and a lovely smaller project would be a cushion cover. An easy tutorial to follow to start making a granny square is at Attic24 blog. Go to -
http://attic24.typepad.com



3 comments:

  1. Such a fun and cheerful blanket, Shirley. And how nice that you and your sisters share a common love of crocheting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comment over at my blog. Lovely squares... These beautiful classics always work, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirl, you should challenge your followers to make and send blankets for the new Foster home charity.

    ReplyDelete