Thursday, March 15, 2018

Consistency....


" Consistency beats intensity. Consistency beats volume. Consistency beats passion. Consistency dictates results. Consistency is what defines character." Rich Roll  

I just love this quote!  I listen to Rich Roll Podcast podcast every week. He is a athlete, author  and motivational speaker who now has a very successful podcast. He interviews a wide range of people on a variety of topics. I find the topics relevant to my life right now and sometimes challenging but always very interesting. You should check him out. http://www.richroll.com/


So today it looked and felt like winter in Cape Town. The tide was again at its lowest and the water temperature was a low of 15.2 degrees!  ( Anthony has a digital  temperature gauge and he updates us every morning when I arrive at the pool) 


They have cleaned and scrubbed all the slippery algae off the sides and big rocks and then limewashed it. No more slipping and sliding! 


I have been swimming in this beautiful pool for 3 months now! This is the coldest water I have ever swum in!! My springsuit might need to be upgraded to a full wetsuit in winter. :-))




So for the first time in my life I'm realising the importance of a daily morning routine. I have started to cultivate this morning routine everyday and it really has been life changing for me!

I have always enjoyed exercise. Fanataticism is unsustainable. In other words it is not about the epic workout. Instead its about what you do daily. It's those small actions undertaken regularly that dictate not just what you can achieve, but who you are as a human.

I would never have guessed that for me it would be swimming - every morning at sunrise with my girls and the new friends I have made!

I am truly grateful...

Do you have a morning routine? Has it changed or shaped your life?

Happy Thursday!

Shirley xx



No comments:

Post a Comment