Monday, March 12, 2018

Dalebrook Pool... my very happy place!


This is "my" pool and my very happy place. 

I have been waking up very early ...before the sunrise! This is so unlike me. I have been as Gretchen Rubin the author of Better Than Before explains... I have always been an "Owl" My favorite time of day has always been the evenings. 

However since mid January my daughters encouraged me to get up early and take them to this pool for a dip before the school run. I never swim in Cape Town water...its just tooo cold for me!( Im a Durban girl)  But the one morning it was just so incredibly beautiful - that I decided I' m going to swim with them. 

Well 3 months later I am still swimming - every morning! I am totally addicted to my "new" morning routine and life! 


This morning we arrived at 6:40 am to a calm, beautiful sunrise. The tide was at its lowest (6:35am) and the water is absolutely clear and calm. 

This morning one of our friends who also swims every morning spotted a small Puffadder  shyshark. We could  all  clearly see it at the bottom of the pool. 

This little shark is also known as happy Eddie and is a species of catshark. This is a common shark and typically reaches 60cm in length. When threatened, the puffadder shyshark curls into a circle with its tail covering its eyes, giving rise to the local names "shyshark" and "doughnut". 
Thankfully it is harmless to humans. 

There are lots of other little fish in the pool and a beautiful big Cormorant was swimming and then sunning/ drying off his wings on the rocks close by. 

Quote to Ponder: 

Lifestyle change requires focus and effort; it can only work if its constant and intensive and results in habit formation. 

Have a happy Monday! 

Shirley xx 



2 comments:

  1. So beautiful. I need to develop a daily routine of activity but it certainly won't have this glorious scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I do fee very blessed. Starting a daily routine has been life changing for me!

    ReplyDelete