Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Dolphin show!

This morning as I arrived at Dalebrook there were little  swiss rolls, cupcakes and an array of sugary cakes. It was one of the ladies birthdays so she brought treats for everyone to share! Cakes and a swim - now that's the way to start the day!!


7:01 am sunrise and Anthony ( he takes the temperature of the water every morning) told us it was a warm 17 degrees! :-)) 



A we were swimming we looked out into the ocean we saw hundreds of dolphins swimming, jumping and leaping out the water! We  stopped and watched the amazing - DOLPHIN SHOW!! So beautiful!  



Every 2 weeks the men arrive to clean and scrub all the algae ( which becomes very slippery and dangerous to walk on ) off the side walls and steps going down into the pool. 


This pool is more than a place I come to swim - it is my therapy. I have always known the sea and the beach is "my very happy place". It is the place that brings me the most joy and happiness. 
I am not the greatest swimmer, actually I have never been able to swim very well. But I love being in the water! It is the most wonderful exercise to start my day.... what can you do today to have some fun? 

" Nobody looks stupid when they are having fun." Amy Poehler 

Happy Wednesday! 

Shirley xx 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment