Saturday, August 15, 2015

Day by day...


This week has flown by so fast but I did go for a beautiful walk with my husband on Monday as it was a public holiday here in South Africa. We celebrated Woman's Day! We decided to take a long walk up Chapmans Peak drive to a viewing point. The views are so stunning as you look down towards Kommetjie and the Lighthouse at the point. This is Long Beach and yes it is very long and very beautiful! 


I have started a new little project with my shades of green MoYa yarn. I will post more pictures next week as it takes shape. 


I am so excited as my book arrived from the U.K. Kerry Lord has created the cutest animals and my girls found it so difficult to choose which ones they want me to crochet for them! Can you guess which one I am starting with?




A sweet friend from America is wanting some crochet and watercolour gift tags so I am busy painting some new birds for her. This is" Mr. Wagtail "and these are very common in our garden all year round. 



My husband has flown to China today on business for two weeks. I know I will be spending lots of time this weekend with my tea and crochet hook as I start my new "Edwards Menagerie" animal and finish my other little project.


Crunchies with chocolate topping are always a good idea too!



 I love this Simply Crochet magazine and its full  inspiration.


I love this quote by C.s. Lewis who also happens to be one of my favourite authors! I am busy reading one of his books at the moment and maybe I will find some time to read too this weekend! It is chilly, cold and raining here in Cape Town so a perfect opportunity to read! 

Happy creative weekend! xx

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous beach, Shirley! I can see why you love living in Cape Town :)

    Your newest watercolor tag is so pretty, too--can't wait to see what animal you are beginning with!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete